• Print

Author Topic: an upgrade? on my forum?  (Read 12920 times)

Floyd

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • I will be in the chamber of understanding.
    • View Profile
    • My website, You have never heard of it.
an upgrade? on my forum?
« on: December 13, 2020, 07:34:10 pm »
 it's more likely than you think.

yes, i finally upgraded the forum software from 2.0 to 2.0.17, along with it i had to also upgrade php from 5.2 to 5.4.45, the last version available for windows xp. i wonder how much longer smf will support php 5.x when the latest version is 7.0. mysql is still the same as it's always been. i did all this to try to get a better antispam system working, although if i could actually get the email verification system working that would probably help as much as anything. well anyway we just traveled seven years into the future in just a few hours. things are up-to-date. now if i could only get https working. oh well that's a project for another day. welcome to chorus of one 5.0. chorus of one 2000? idk i'll come up with a name later lol.
I run this shit.

Floyd

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • I will be in the chamber of understanding.
    • View Profile
    • My website, You have never heard of it.
Re: an upgrade? on my forum?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 10:11:03 am »
confession: less than two hours after posting this i was once again overrun with spambots, and had to restore an older backup yet again, from just before i made this actual post. i uninstalled the antispam system from that attempt, then installed another one, which seems to be working perfectly, even after getting rid of two of the security questions for new members.
I run this shit.

• Print