• Print

Author Topic: Program Manager For Windows XP Service Pack 2 and later  (Read 15816 times)

Floyd

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • I will be in the chamber of understanding.
    • View Profile
    • My website, You have never heard of it.
Program Manager For Windows XP Service Pack 2 and later
« on: July 29, 2010, 05:04:48 pm »
I mainly did this so I would have an excuse to put these files in the downloads section, I use them relatively often.

Things you need to download before you do this:
Really, there is just one thing you need, Progman.exe from Windows XP service Pack 1. You can find it in the Downloads Section, or just click here. If you plan on replacing the non-functioning progman.exe already present in XP service pack 2 and later with one that works you will need to go to this site and download Replacer.cmd

You might as well download Winfile.exe while you are at it, in the Downloads Section, or here.

Making it all work:
1. Extract all the files
2. If you want to replace  the non-functioning progman.exe with the one that works, run Replacer.cmd and follow it's directions on screen. (The non functioning Progman.exe in in \Windows\System32").
3. If not, just rename progman.exe to something else, it really does not matter and then copy it to \Windows\System32.
4. Copy Progman.hlp to \Windows\System32.
5. You don't have to use Replacer for Winfile.exe, just copy it and Winfile.hlp to System32
I run this shit.

Arty Ratchet_tail

• Windows 7 User
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Program Manager For Windows XP Service Pack 2 and later
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 10:26:58 pm »
Good trick with PROGMAN. I have for years just used PROGMANEXE 4.0.1371.1 from NT4 Workstation. No extra files or tricks(nothing from the Winfile Reviver page) , just plop it into any handy directory and click on it. It can run side-by-side with Explorer too.

See attached...

• Print