• Print

Author Topic: Strike Anywhere website update :O  (Read 14430 times)

StrikeAnywhere4Life

• Windows XP user
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • StrikeAnywhere4Life YouTube Channel
Strike Anywhere website update :O
« on: February 21, 2012, 07:44:45 am »
Strike Anywhere finally updated their website :) There's some interesting stuff in there. What do you think about the lines in bold? Maybe an acoustic album? Or just some unreleased songs? I'm already looking forward to it.

Strike Anywhere 2012... an update doesn't say too much of anything...

Well... there hasn't been much news in Strike Anywhere world recently... partly due to this website being busted and un-updateable for over a year... and partly due to the fact that we haven't been up to much of anything. To answer a big question... yes... Strike Anywhere is still together... not broken up... not even on hiatus or any of that... just not nearly as busy as we used to be. That being said, we do have some plans for 2012... though, at this point, the details are vague at best.... we will be doing a couple tours... right now looking like the overseas/south of the equator variety of touring. We will also have some "new" music released this year via Bridge 9 records. It wont necessarily be new songs... but it also wont be the typical Strike Anywhere that most of you are used to hearing... it will honestly probably only be of interest to very small fraction of our fans... but, shit, we dig it... so hopefully someone else will dig it too. Since you've heard from us last we've been keeping busy in our own ways... Thomas moved back to the west coast, near the beach... Smith moved south to the beach.. (lucky fuckers)... Smith has also been keeping busy playing with Senses Fail... they're recording a new record and doing the Warped Tour thing this summer... Garth and Mark keep hacking away at the Richmond restaurant industry... and I'm up in DC and occasionally play shows with Pygmy Lush. Some actual news and updates should be coming your way soon... but for now, just wanted to put up a little something on this old website... let you know that we're still alive... -Eric (Strike Anywhere)
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, 'cause the struggle goes on even when you're not there. Blind and unaware."

Floyd

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • I will be in the chamber of understanding.
    • View Profile
    • My website, You have never heard of it.
Re: Strike Anywhere website update :O
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 11:16:10 am »
I seem to remember them mentioning something about an acoustic album a couple years ago.
I am going to put this on the main page.
I run this shit.

StrikeAnywhere4Life

• Windows XP user
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 12:16:50 pm »
Yeah, and they've done a fair amount of acoustic shows... so, I think it's probably going to be an acoustic album as well. :)
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, 'cause the struggle goes on even when you're not there. Blind and unaware."

StrikeAnywhere4Life

• Windows XP user
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 03:45:59 am »
It's going to be a live acoustic LP called “In Defiance Of Empty Times”. It's going to be released in July.

What’s on the cards for the next few months for the band? I think we will continue slowly sharing musical ideas back and forth while we work our jobs and live our lives. Finishing up the artwork and production for “In Defiance Of Empty Times” , our new Live Acoustic LP which will come out this July. We have no touring plans as of this writing until November when we return to South America.
Got any final words… In Defiance Of Empty Times will be out this July on Bridge Nine Records.

Click here for the interview.

Floyd

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Interview with Thomas, New record in July!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 12:36:32 pm »
Interview with Thomas, New record in July!

In an interview with bombshellzine.com Thomas Barnett mentions that the band is "Finishing up the artwork and production for “In Defiance Of Empty Times”, our new Live Acoustic LP which will come out this July." he also says there will be another South American tour in November. That's fine and good, but in my opinion they need an American south tour, specifically in Atlanta. You can read the full interview here:

http://www.bombshellzine.com/blog/2012/05/the-hotseat-thomas-barnett-of-strike-anywhere/
I run this shit.

StrikeAnywhere4Life

• Windows XP user
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 09:08:34 am »
That's fine and good, but in my opinion they need an American south tour, specifically in Atlanta.

In my opinion they need another European tour, specifically in Belgium. :p

Floyd

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 06:50:32 pm »
Punknews.org has the songs that are on it:
http://www.punknews.org/article/47291
I run this shit.

• Print