• Print

Author Topic: Stargate: 1994-2011  (Read 10007 times)

Floyd

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • I will be in the chamber of understanding.
    • View Profile
    • My website, You have never heard of it.
Stargate: 1994-2011
« on: April 17, 2011, 10:56:49 pm »
so today they officially declared the Stargate franchise dead. they said it might be back but I am not getting my hopes up, then again, that IS what they said about Futurama.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/04/wright-sgu-continuation-other-movies-dead-for-now/

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU TRY APPEALING TO THE MASSES. STAR TREK HAS BEEN GOING FOR 40-SOMETHING YEARS AND HAS NEVER TRIED APPEALING TO THE MASSES.
I run this shit.

Floyd

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • I will be in the chamber of understanding.
    • View Profile
    • My website, You have never heard of it.
Stargate: 1994-2011
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 10:48:38 pm »
THIS POST WAS ACTUALLY MADE ON MAY 9, 2011. I FUCKED UP WHEN I WAS FIXING THE TOPIC, BUT AS THERE WERE ONLY THREE POSTS IN THIS TOPIC, I REPLACED THIS POST WHICH ORIGINALLY WAS JUST THE WORD "BUMP", DONE WHEN I WAS RESTORING TOPICS FROM THE DATABASE IN 2011 WITH WHAT WAS THE ACTUAL LAST POST -FLOYD

Aaaaaaannnnd that's a wrap. The last episode just aired. They decided that the only way the could survive attacks from the automated attack ships was to put everyone in stasis and not stop until the reached the next galaxy. This would take 3 years if everything goes as planned. All the stasis chambers worked fine but one, so Eli decided to stay behind and try to fix it. He has 2 weeks to do so before life support shuts down in order to save power so Destiny can make it. That was the end. everyone is in stasis. who knows what will happen next or even if they make it to the next galaxy. If destiny does not have enough power it will stop early and they will drift the rest of the way which could take thousands of years. Maybe they will revive the show in 3 years and let us know how it all works out.

I cant help but consider the irony of me posting this here. It's as if I am Eli, the lone person left to try to keep the place alive until a time when it can support more people. everyone else is slumbering unawre of what is happening here, awaiting the day when something great happens and the site is returned to it's former glory.
I run this shit.

• Print