• Print

Author Topic: Re: Who's going to school, etc., etc., etc....?  (Read 31886 times)

Undertaker Sheep

• Alive and Well
  • Offline Offline
  • Turning my insides into gun powder
    • View Profile
    • My last.fm
Re: Who's going to school, etc., etc., etc....?
« on: August 29, 2010, 03:17:08 pm »
I'm going on a 3day camping trip tomorrow with my new class, to get to know each other and stuff. After that I'll be starting my new study (how the hell do you call that in english? Is study good?)
Thom - So what's the vibe like, in this room of power?
Garth - It's uuuuh positive, Thom, it's very positive
Thom - I sense that there's gonna be some tracking... some bass-tracking.
Garth - You sense that? You're a prophet, Thom

Matt

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 07:36:20 pm »
I have come to a realization: High school itself isn't so bad, it's actually kind of fun. What really stresses me out and fucks me up is homework. I wouldn't mind spending an extra hour and a half in school to avoid getting homework.

Floyd

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • I will be in the chamber of understanding.
    • View Profile
    • My website, You have never heard of it.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 07:50:37 pm »
That was always my thought. I was always (and still am) a horrible student, I never did homework, and relied on the final exam and End Of Course Test to make me pass, the EOCT was 15% of the final grade. In college, I still don't do homework, but there really is no point if nobody will even check to see if it is right.

My school does not start until the 27th, I still have not signed up for classes, which means I will have to late register.
I run this shit.

Matt

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 08:22:54 pm »
Why are you even going to college? If your ultimate goal is to open up a computer repair shop, it seems unlikely that college will really help.

Floyd

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 08:37:30 pm »
Originally I was doing drafting, also I was going so I could stay on my mom's health insurance plan, but she has no insurance after she got fired, so that really does not accomplish anything.

Basically, it is an excuse to keep me from getting a "real job" for a few years, my dad does not think working for myself repairing computers is a real job. he wants me to get some high-paying job so I can pay all his bills and he can retire, but he does not want to pay for me to go to a real college, so I am going to a shithole of a community/technical college.

In reality, I have no idea what my end goal is, I really just want to sit here and run my website and go to shows every now and then.
I run this shit.

CultureRevolution

• Moderator with no Moderator powers
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 10:41:14 pm »
School isn't terrible most classes seem easy/relaxed. But my history teacher talks like Ben Stein, sooooooooo boring.
Class list
Arr 1. Biology
Arr 2. Latin 3
Arr 3. AP Human Geography
Arr 4. FREE!
Arr 5. Spiritual Practices
Arr 6. Geometry W/ Proofs
Arr 7. Sophmore English

The only advanced course I'm taking is AP Human Geography, also having a free period makes school waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less stressful.
Aiming for a 3.5 GPA which is honor roll, never gotten it, been really close every time but never gotten there.

rejoiceitssusan

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 10:52:45 pm »
Spiritual Practices?
What does Arr stand for? DO YOU GO TO PIRATE SCHOOL??
What's Human Geography?
Good luck with your GPA! Super jealous of your free period, I had a study hall last year it was the shit.

MINE
1. AP Chem
2. AP Gov
3. Responding to Emergencies
4/5. French 4
6. AP Psych
7. Precalc
8. AP Junior English

I like it until Precalc because I always crash in that class.

I really just want to sit here and run my website and go to shows every now and then.
That sounds amazing

Matt

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 11:00:38 pm »
MINE
1. AP Chem
2. AP Gov
4/5. French 4
6. AP Psych
7. Precalc
8. AP Junior English
Bitch, you smart. My list:

1. Radio Production
2. Hon English
3. AP Gov
4. Hon Biology
5. Hon Algebra II
6. Health
7. Spanish 3

Overall, pretty good. So far I'm enjoying AP Gov even though it's pretty difficult. All Spanish teachers are insane, except the one I have this year. I also had her first semester of 9th and love her lots. BTW, we have to submit 2 ideas for shows tomorrow for Radio, these are my two:

Matt's Punk Rock Pick Of The Day - I talk about a band and then play 1 song by them but it has to be a band I can get copyright permission for.

Real talk: I rant for a couple minutes about any news that I currently have strong opinions on.

Floyd

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 11:06:57 pm »
I have a great idea for you Matt, "CD Sampling of Punk Music", where you play a song or two from a record nobody has ever heard of, introducing other people to new music.
I run this shit.

CultureRevolution

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 11:09:53 pm »
Spiritual Practices?
What does Arr stand for? DO YOU GO TO PIRATE SCHOOL??
What's Human Geography?
Good luck with your GPA! Super jealous of your free period, I had a study hall last year it was the shit.
Arr stands for arrangement.
Spiritual pracitces isn't religion, I dont really know what it is so far but basic definition is SHIT JUST GOT REAL.
Human Geography basically looks at globalization, how people work locally, reionally, and globally. The effect humans have had on land and where they have migrated too and what not. It's pretty boring but it isn't tough so I can deal.
Free period aint no study hall! I sit in Marshall and hang out with friends til I have to go to class or lunch or whatever. I had a free period and I didn't have meeting for worship today and they were back to back, I had an hour and 50 minutes free.
Also bitch you smart.

CultureRevolution

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 11:11:15 pm »

Real talk: I rant for a couple minutes about any news that I currently have strong opinions on.
This is a bad album by Man Overboard, go with the punk pick of the day.

Matt

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 11:32:51 pm »
In my school you may only have a free period when you have no more classes you need credits for. Basically only seniors have them.

CultureRevolution

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 11:44:31 pm »
HEY GUYS I HAVE A 45 MINUTE FREE TOMORROW THEN PE FOR ANOTHER 45 MINUTES I HAVE 90 MINUTES FREE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

rejoiceitssusan

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 01:06:20 am »

1. Radio Production
2. Hon English
3. AP Gov
4. Hon Biology
5. Hon Algebra II
6. Health
7. Spanish 3

Overall, pretty good. So far I'm enjoying AP Gov even though it's pretty difficult. All Spanish teachers are insane, except the one I have this year. I also had her first semester of 9th and love her lots. BTW, we have to submit 2 ideas for shows tomorrow for Radio, these are my two:

Matt's Punk Rock Pick Of The Day - I talk about a band and then play 1 song by them but it has to be a band I can get copyright permission for.

OMG AP GOV BUDDIES!!!!! I love AP Gov so far. My teacher's voice turns me on. I haven't been keeping up with the reading buuut it's been pretty interesting from what I can tell. I hate how we have to learn about the declaration of independence, articles of confederation & constitution EVERY FREAKING YEAR but my teacher actually has interesting things to say about them (sexily).

Also I wouldn't do the real talk one unless you want people to hate you but the punk rock one sounds awesome you will convert people to have awesome music tastes!! best feeling ever!!

In my school you may only have a free period when you have no more classes you need credits for. Basically only seniors have them.

Same here, plus you can only use it for early dismissal or late arrival.

HEY GUYS I HAVE A 45 MINUTE FREE TOMORROW THEN PE FOR ANOTHER 45 MINUTES I HAVE 90 MINUTES FREE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

PE is free? We had to run 2 miles today ):

igordog

• Windows XP user
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 09:05:38 am »
MINE
1. AP Chem
2. AP Gov
4/5. French 4
6. AP Psych
7. Precalc
8. AP Junior English

1. Radio Production
2. Hon English
3. AP Gov
4. Hon Biology
5. Hon Algebra II
6. Health
7. Spanish 3

Fuck You.

• Print