Website Related Stuff > Website News

an upgrade? on my forum?

(1/1)

Floyd:
 it's more likely than you think.

yes, i finally upgraded the forum software from 2.0 to 2.0.17, along with it i had to also upgrade php from 5.2 to 5.4.45, the last version available for windows xp. i wonder how much longer smf will support php 5.x when the latest version is 7.0. mysql is still the same as it's always been. i did all this to try to get a better antispam system working, although if i could actually get the email verification system working that would probably help as much as anything. well anyway we just traveled seven years into the future in just a few hours. things are up-to-date. now if i could only get https working. oh well that's a project for another day. welcome to chorus of one 5.0. chorus of one 2000? idk i'll come up with a name later lol.

Floyd:
confession: less than two hours after posting this i was once again overrun with spambots, and had to restore an older backup yet again, from just before i made this actual post. i uninstalled the antispam system from that attempt, then installed another one, which seems to be working perfectly, even after getting rid of two of the security questions for new members.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version